Facebook has become a place where people stalk each other online—some for fun, others for harm. As a result, much discussion has been about whether you can see who is viewing your profile.
Here’s everything you need to know about who viewed your Facebook profile and how to test it yourself.
If you have questions in your mind like:
- Is this technically possible?
- Is it possible to find the stalkers?
- What is the most effective way to find out who has seen my Facebook profile?
After the Cambridge Analytica incident, Facebook added the ability to see who visited your profile. Previously, there was no way to check whether someone had seen your Facebook profile.
By the end of this post, you will discover how you can find out who is viewing your Facebook profile.
Are you ready to know who saw your Facebook profile?
Try the following techniques below:
Facebook has faced a backlash for introducing a mechanism to verify who visited a user’s profile and how much data they shared with third parties. The social media giant is trying to neutralize these allegations by taking strict measures against privacy violations.
There have been claims that Facebook has provided iOS users with a feature called “Who has seen my Facebook profile?” However, none of these components have been introduced by Facebook. Instead, many third-party tools lure users with the idea of checking who has viewed their Facebook profiles.
We have put together a guide with some practical methods that can help you in this regard. If you want to see if this works for you or not, try “Method 1” of this blog. We will discuss it below, but there is no clarity on whether it is in use or if there are apps that recreate the feature.
Method 1: Use Facebook on iOS to find out who has looked at your profile:
You can now use the Facebook app to see who has been looking at your Facebook profile. That is a new feature. Before, only iOS users could use it. Now, Facebook has made it available to more users.
How to Find Out Who Looked at Your Facebook Profile or Timeline:
- Sign in to your Facebook account on your desktop, then go to Settings and Privacy.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Privacy checkup.”.
- Next, look for Privacy Shortcut and select “Who viewed my profile.”
Method 2: Facebook Profile Source Code Method
A feature on Facebook called “InitialChatFriendsList” would show you who has visited your profile. It’s generally best to use Google Chrome to accomplish this. Other browsers may pose issues.
Follow these steps to continue:
- Let’s start by logging in to your FB account.
- Check out your profile page.
- It is possible to access the page’s source by right-clicking on it and picking Show Page Source.
- It would be best to press CTRL+U on Windows to see the page’s source code, Command+Option+U on Mac.
- The shortcut key to open a search field is Ctrl+F. In the search box for the account, enter InitialChatFriendsList.
A list of the most-visited users’ profiles and their IDs will appear.
For example: “100004325035225-2”.
- “Please copy the Facebook profile ID without the extension “-2,” for example, “100004325035225
- Select the Facebook user’s ID, and paste it into the opening browser tab, www.Facebook.com/login/.”
You can find the profile ID at facebook.com/profile-id (the number shows copied profile version).
Here is an example: https://www.facebook.com/100006525035225.
Is there a Facebook extension that lets me know who saw my profile?
Yes, Google Chrome users are in luck!
You can instantly view your Facebook profile visitors by installing and activating the Chrome extension.
Navigate to the social profile extension page.
In the drop-down menu, click “Add to Chrome.”
When the download has finished, click the “Add extension” button.
Chrome will now install the extension in your Chrome browser.
Then go to www.facebook.com and log into your account using the same browser.
Facebook’s time bar allows you to see your profile.
The option “visitor” is activated.
You will see who has viewed your profile here.
Since Facebook has only recently enabled this feature on the iOS app, Android users may experience some problems shortly. Try the third-party apps recommended in the article. Be wary of fake apps and continue to report anything that seems wrong.
Add Flatbook Chrome Extension to Your Browser
Install the “Flatbook” Chrome extension in your browser through the Chrome Web Store.
Many browsers can do this, but Chrome seems the most straightforward.
Follow these steps to complete the process:
Install the Flatbook extension from Chrome’s Chrome Web Store.
- You can find this extension by searching for it in the Chrome Web Store.
- Clicking Add to Chrome will install the app within seconds.
- Upon clicking the Add to Chrome tab, a pop-up window will appear with instructions on installing the program.
You can sign in to your Facebook account once the installation is complete.
Atop the page, on the right-hand side of the web page, click the Flatbook extension icon on the web browser shortcut.
- Then, navigate to the Profile Visitors drop-down menu and select the appropriate option on the drop-down menu.
- You will receive a list of up to twenty people who were the most active on your profile.
- In the same way, you can see who unfriended you on Facebook.
- It is possible to see who has blocked you on Facebook.
Here’s another approach you might like if the method above isn’t your cup of tea.
The Super Viewer Extension for Facebook
Super Viewer is a browser extension for Facebook. With this extension, you can find out whether your friends are interested in your profile. If you use Google Chrome, you can install the Chrome extension. Installing this package is as straightforward as installing the earlier one.
Follow these simple steps to complete the process:
- Download the Google Chrome web browser.
- On the Google Chrome Extension page, search for the super extension viewer.
- Once you have clicked Chrome’s icon, it will automatically add it to your browser.
- The next step is to log in to Facebook using your earlier credentials.
- There should be a possibility to turn on the ‘Visitor’ box.
- When you click the “View Profile” button, you can see who has viewed your profile.
Can I see who looked at my Facebook profile?
Answering this question is tricky because there is no clear answer. However, if you’ve read all of the posts in the Facebook Help Center, you’ll know that:
“Facebook does not allow people to track who views their profile.”
Even apps made by other companies can’t do this. If you find an app that claims to be able to do this, please report it.
If you find such claims and think they sound fishy, you can report them by following these steps:
- Open Facebook and tap on Settings in the menu at the top right.
- Choose Apps and Websites from the menu on the left, and then use the search box to find the name of the app you want to report.
- Click on View and edit right next to the name of the app.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on “Give Feedback.”
- Choose the problems you want to report and press “Next.”
- Click Done.
People often wonder why Facebook doesn’t let them see who has viewed their profile. In short, it doesn’t matter. Facebook didn’t add the feature to protect your privacy. If it did, then it would have added something like what LinkedIn premium members get. The simple answer to “Can I see who looked at my Facebook profile?” is “NO!”.
Facebook knows that stalking is the most common thing people do on its site. Almost everyone stalks several profiles every day, but no one wants to understand the embarrassment of the person they are stalking. So, there is no way for regular Facebook users to determine who is looking at their profile.
Facebook lets users know who has looked at their profile and how much impact it will have on the company’s finances. People use Facebook to investigate the lives of others, and Facebook uses this information to decide who can access their data.
Still, Facebook doesn’t keep you in the dark about everything. You can keep track of most of what is happening on your Facebook profile.
What else can you do with your Facebook profile?
Facebook allows you to view several other things associated with your account that you did not do.
So, here are some examples:
You can look at what you posted on Facebook to remember your time with friends. You can keep track of everything you’ve done together by clicking on “See Friendship” for each of your Facebook friends. Then, click on the person’s profile’s horizontal three-dot icon. You can see people you both know, photos in which you are tagged, and your posts.
View Activity Log
The activity log is a record of every action a Facebook user takes. You can view a complete history of all interactions. Open your Facebook profile, click the three-dot icon on the profile page, and select “Activity Log” from the drop-down menu.
Facebook will reveal everything you have done on Facebook. You can browse your interactions, searches, friends, likes, comments, and reactions. You can also refine your search by using two filters:
First, examine the posts in which you are mentioned first.
Examine the tags on your posts.
Discover who has looked at your Facebook page
You can see who has viewed your Facebook page, but you can’t do the same with your Facebook profile. To see who has looked at all your Facebook pages, go to your Facebook page and click “Insights” on the left.
Using the Insights section, you can get various details in the “Overview” section, such as:
- Page Activities
- Page Views
- Page Likes
- Post Reach
- Story Reach
- Post Engagement
- Page Followers
Even though you can’t track the names of your viewers, you can see how many visitors return to your page.
What is Facebook stalking?
A stalker follows someone online repeatedly without their permission. Its activities include viewing their profile, sending messages, liking and commenting on their posts, and so on. It can happen if someone clicks on a link in another person’s post or sees something on your timeline that piques their interest enough to visit your profile.
How Can iPhone Users Find Out If Someone Viewed Their Facebook Profile?
Facebook’s Who’s Looking app, available on the App Store and Google Play, is not officially supported by Facebook. How can iOS users know if someone has looked at their Facebook profile? IOS users can use the Who’s looking app.
It’s time for iOS users to rejoice over Android users! Facebook has partnered with Apple, the most famous and widely used brand globally. The service is currently being tested on iOS devices, placing Android users in a precarious position. Here is the last piece of advice to help you.
If You Are an IOS User, Here’s How to See:
- Click the Facebook icon on your phone’s screen.
- Please open the menu on Facebook.
- A ‘Settings & Privacy’ option should be available if you scroll down.
- In the privacy section, you will find a brand-new Privacy Shortcuts feature.
- Then, look for the opportunity. Can I see who has viewed my Facebook page and you have finished?
- As far as I know, this is still in testing, and I hope it will be released soon for iPhone users.
- I contacted Facebook about its launch.
- However, they clarified that Facebook was not working on such a feature.
- In line with its strict regulations and privacy policies, Facebook states that it does not allow users to use this feature.
- Yes, you read it correctly.
- We expect a release within the next few months.
Using The Following IOS Apps
With this application, you can find out who has viewed your profile so you can stay in touch with your friends. This app is available through the iTunes store for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Add-ons and other features may not work in some browsers. IOS Developers made the “Social Fans” iOS app to remedy this problem.
Facebook is rolling out several security updates and improvements to the user interface. The social media giant has also revealed up-to-date news and information about another app. Using this option instantly lets you know who has checked out your profile. This option was unavailable recently due to rumors and security concerns.
Avoid Banned Malicious Apps from Malicious Users
Watch out for junk apps that claim to show you who viewed your Facebook profile—this violates Facebook’s privacy policies. Malicious users can even use their junk applications to find your physical address when tracking you down. Follow Facebook’s instructions for rescinding access to an app if you have fallen victim to a presumed stalker app.
Users are most likely to experience this when using an app that claims to show who has viewed their profile. Some apps work by mining the relationship statuses of your friends. That is why it is wise not to download every program onto your device.
Take Facebook Data Breach Seriously
Whenever you use a third-party application to find out who has viewed your Facebook page, Facebook may be able to collect your data. Reporting such apps to Facebook will help Facebook take the right action against them.
A data breach may lead to the theft of your personal information. There is no reason to allow third-party apps to use your passwords. Facebook could have built this feature into its platform but chose not to.
You can only become friends with someone if they accept your friend request or if you accept theirs. You can only see a person’s entire Facebook profile if they allow you to access it. Friends should share their thoughts, photos, short stories, videos, etc., with you. Your friends are the only group members who can access your profile.
People can see your age, date of birth, relationship status, details, religious views, etc. Companies use our data for various reasons, including selling it to advertising companies.
Will Facebook offer the feature at any point in the future?
Facebook has added a new setting that lets you see how many people have watched your story, video, or page. For a long time, a premium LinkedIn member could see all visitors to their profile if they had paid membership. This recent move from Facebook could be seen as somewhat competitive, but it is also a sign of the company’s commitment to the platform.
A Facebook user can see how many people watch their Facebook profile, story, video, and page.
- Facebook gives you multiple ways to see who has viewed your profile.
- According to Facebook, there isn’t a way to find out who is watching your profile.
- Facebook has long blocked the ability to see who might be interested in your profile and how they might use it to track you.
- Facebook’s API doesn’t provide users with this information, according to Technical Team Leader Reggie Azevedo of Social Reports.
- LifeWire Editor-in-Chief Lance Ulanoff says there is no official tool for such a task. That data could potentially be collected or resold by third-party app developers if used within their apps.
- Third-party apps know your every move on Facebook.
- Third Parties are always watching you and collecting data about what’s of interest to you, who’s in your social circle, and where they live. The list keeps expanding! But it gets more complex:
- That information is then sold to advertisers by these third parties. Therefore, not only do ads follow us around for our entire internet life, but we get stalked offline too.
How come Facebook doesn’t let you know who’s viewed your profile?
It’s no surprise that people use Facebook, one of the most popular platforms worldwide. Facebook has been the key to socializing and connecting with friends and family. It is common for people to stalk others on Facebook, which is also becoming more popular among digital marketing experts because Facebook has become so popular among the public.
Facebook has become a platform that appeals to users from any age group, including those younger than 50. The Internet and social media have enabled us to lead comfortable lives of convenience at every turn. Andrew Selepak, the Ph.D. author of A Graduate Program in Social Media for University of Florida students, says, “Just because you post something doesn’t mean everyone sees it.”
How Can I Find Out Who Viewed My Facebook Stories?
Facebook users can now share their stories, including texts, photos, and videos. The stories will be active for 24 hours, and you can edit them the next day. In your story’s information on the right side of the page, you may be able to see those who have already viewed your account.
The problem with fake Facebook identities
We often encounter numerous fraud cases on Facebook through fake accounts in our day-to-day lives.
Facebook’s stalkers typically use a fake id to follow the profile of the person they are stalking.
Facebook users who don’t want to follow them use fake IDs daily.
All your information becomes visible to all members of these Facebook stalkers once you accept their friend requests.
Fake IDs may fall under the following categories:
- The person you dated before.
- People are looking more at your relationship statuses.
- Parents who want to check up on what their children are up to on Facebook can subscribe to a Facebook surveillance fake ID.
- Your boss or other employees at your company.
- Other parties who wish to have access to your activities.
- Your friends may be able to see your personal information like age, city, birth date, relationship status, religious views, and more.
- Users wishing to share their details with outsiders and mark them public can see the data.
- As before, it is up to them whether they want to disclose their information to whom they would like to.
- Is it possible they have only chosen to share their knowledge with friends?
- Segmentation could show the relationship the person has with your account.
Do you have access to their complete information?
Keeping a vigilant eye out for social networking fraud and being cautious when using social media sites will help you avoid this fraud. Are you able to see who views your Facebook profile? You don’t have to use an app instead of Facebook to find out who viewed your profile.
Facebook is warning users of links in mobile apps that allow people to see who has viewed their profile and what information they have shared with other third parties.
You may have noticed that someone on your friend list rejected your friend request because of fraud. You can find information about this fraud on Facebook.
Can I Know Who Viewed My Facebook Profile?
It is not possible to track who visits your profile on Facebook.
Additionally, third-party applications cannot provide this functionality.
If you find an app that advertises it has this capability, please report the app.
The app developer will do this on behalf of the company’s advertising platform.
Can Someone Tell Me If I Have Been Looking at Their Facebook Page A Lot?
There has been a rumor that if you visit someone’s Facebook profile, you will appear in the “People You May Know” list.
Facebook has repeatedly said that people cannot know who views their profile.
Users can sign up to or even buy apps that let them see who’s looking at their private profile.
You can see who viewed your posts and your Facebook story with Facebook Stories.
How do I find out who has visited my Facebook page on Android?
Android users can download the Who Viewed My Facebook Profile app.
An app called Social Fans is available on the iTunes Store.
These apps will supposedly let you know who has recently visited your Facebook profile.
But keep in mind that malicious developers could put malware in those apps, not following Facebook’s terms of service.
You can use the methods listed above to answer your questions.
How Do I Know Who Visits My Facebook Profile Through My Mobile Device?
It is clear on Facebook that users can’t see who has visited their profile.
Make sure you do not install a Facebook app that claims to show you who visited your profile.
Some of these apps use spam or malware as a way for cybercriminals to steal information and attack other users.
As of now, there is only one working method.
You need to analyze the source data of your Facebook profile.
You cannot determine the identities of all visitors. Therefore, any service or method claiming to do so is inaccurate or fraudulent.
Facebook’s users have been the subject of a great deal of research.
You can find analytics information in several places, including external data monitoring sites like Web trends.
What Are the Steps to Email Facebook?
There is no direct way to contact Facebook.
You can’t call, text, email, or contact an employee, affiliate, or Facebook representative.
If you have a problem with your Facebook account and are unsure how to continue, you can use Facebook’s Help Center.
Facebook doesn’t have a built-in way to see who is looking at your profile.
Facebook doesn’t have a built-in way for you to see if someone else has been looking at your page. There are many apps out there that claim to show you who has viewed your page, but none of them are safe. You may give away your personal information if you download these apps. You should never install anything that asks for access to your confidential data unless you trust the developer.